Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let it go, before it causes you stress and strain!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share this with you.


'A professor begins his class by holding up a glass with some water in it for all to see. He asks the students, "How much do you think this glass weighs?"

'50gms!' '100gms!' '125gms' students answer.

1.3393757096

"I don't know unless I weigh it," the professor replies, "but, my question is:
What happens if I hold it up like this for a few minutes?"

'Nothing' ...the students say.

'What happens if I hold it up like this for an hour?' the professor asks.

'Your arm will begin to ache' says one student.

"You're right. What happens if I hold it for a day?"

"Your arm may go numb, you may get severe muscle stress & paralysis & have to go to the hospital!"
ventures another student. The other students laugh.

"Very good," the professor says. "But during all this, would the weight of the glass change?"

'No' they all reply.

"Then what causes the arm ache & the muscle stress?"

The students are puzzled.

"What could I do to relieve the pain?" asks professor.

"Put the glass down!" yells one student.

"Exactly!" says the professor.

"Life's problems go something like this: Hold them for a few minutes in your head & they seem OK. Think of them for a long time & they begin to ache. Hold them even longer & they begin to paralyze you. You will unable to do anything."

"It's important to think of the challenges or problems in your life, but EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is to 'PUT THEM DOWN' at the end of every day before you go to sleep!"

"That way, you are stress free, you wake up every day fresh & strong, able to handle any issue, any challenges that comes your way. So, when you leave office today...Remember my friends...
PUT THE GLASS DOWN!"

I have had quite a few revelations in the pass few weeks and one of the things I have to put down is 'control'. Trying to control situations is actually stopping me from completing my amazing race!

What do you need to put down, RIGHT NOW, to continue on your amazing race?
Live YOUR Passion

Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment