Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Take a Deep Breathe

Hi Everyone,

How are you today?

I am great!!! I am so excited and full of energy today. It's so funny, the number of emotions we can go through in such a short space of time!!!

Last night, I was fired up with all the different topics, I could share with you on my blog and then I could not decided which ones to share first, then it got confusing, then exciting and I started to feel like a news reporter.

I woke up still energised and while running on the treadmill (I have run everyday but Sunday, for the past three weeks and i am enjoying myself. I feel like a runner now, so the running feels effortless. It's amazing...sorry I digress).

I was on the treadmill listening to a podcast (yes, funny, I have changed from listening to music and I actually find it more energising listening to people talking and sharing things I am passionate about, rather than music...interesting). Anyway, today by chance (or not), I happened to be listening to Suzanne Falter Barnes http://www.getknownnowblog.com/ and www.howmuchjoy.com about how to use blogging to grow your business.

By the time I got back to take a shower, my head was spinning, I was feeling empty, all the ideas that had been buzzing around, seemed to have disappeared!! I said to myself 'why are you feeling like this?'

I kept pondering and then I realised, I was trying to see how I could do everything NOW!!! There were so many great ideas and tips. My head /thoughts, had taken over my feelings!! All my energy was in my head and not in my body, no wonder I was feeling empty!!

So, I stopped the thoughts and took a deep breathe, and asked myself 'What had I been trying to do before my feeling changed? What had I been passionate about?' And guess what, my positive energy came back.

So, when you are next feeling overwhelmed, confused, lost, empty, take a deep breathe and just ask yourself 'What made me feel passionate about this? What am I trying to do?'. This will help you find the clarity and direction you need to continue on the journey.

The deep breathe sends oxygen to your brain, which naturally starts to calm you down and gets your body and brain connected again.

We have the power to control our emotions, so take a deep breathe and decide where you want your energy to go!!

See you tomorrow

Gina

2 comments:

  1. Gina

    It’s was interesting reading your blog this morning. After reading, only one word emerged from my thoughts. It was emotions. Since emotions are an important part of me, I find that my life is influenced by my emotions. When I am feeling emotionally depressed, it is difficult for me to function.

    Like you Gina, one of the things that I have done in the past was to surround myself with people that enjoy or have the same likes as me. Since December, I have taken on a new chapter in my life. Away from the people that I know and love, I have been left with my own dangerous emotions. Too much depression can lead to illness. My favorite source that I use for my emotions is the book of Acts. Paul said, “I think myself happy…” The passage has helped me to deal with my loneliness. If Paul can be happy while in prison, I know I can. After all, we are humans; therefore, we can control our emotions through thinking. We have the power to make decisions. As of this moment, I have made a decision to be happy with or without friends. Yes, controlling my own thoughts. Thanks for writing your blog.

    San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi San,

    Thank you so much for sharing. The great thing is that you are aware that you are in control of your emotions.

    Even if we are away phyically from the people we know and love, they are still with us, so really we are not alone. We carry them in our hearts and in our minds.

    I work away from home alot, so I carry my family and friends with me, whereever I go.

    Take the time to be still and you will feel their presence.

    What practice can you do daily, to remind yourself that you have the people you need with you, whenever you need them?

    ReplyDelete