Thursday, June 18, 2009

If you could turn back time, what event would you change?

Hi Everyone,

How are you?

I just read this and I wanted to share this with you.

'God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you NEED - To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.'

I was watching a movie a few weeks ago '13 going on 30' with Jennifer Garner. The story is of a 13 year old girl, who wakes up and is 30!!!

At first she is loving being older, being able to drink, can go out on a school night and she has boobs!!!

But after a while, she gets to see her life and is not too happy with the person she has become.

She goes to visit her parents (she has not seen them for ages) and asks her mother - 'If you could turn back time, what would you change?' Her mum answers 'nothing', as the events have made her who she is today.

Since seeing this movie, I have asked a few people, what they would change and after some thought, they have answered the same thing, 'nothing'.

I reflected on the question myself and first I thought of at least three major (challenging) events, I would like to change, but after deeper thought, I realised, I too, would not change anything, because those events have made me soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much stronger and made me a better person.

I'll share one with you....getting divorced. Going through my separation and divorce, was heart wrenching at the time, but I became more independent, more adaptive to change and alot more courageous in life. Also this started me on the journey of learning to love myself. PRICELESS LEARNINGS!!!

What have you learnt from your most challenging events? How have they made you stronger?

Bye for now.

Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment