Monday, March 2, 2009

Leap out of your comfort zone

Hi Everyone,

How are you? Well, I am great!!

I am getting back into my groove and it feels wonderful!!!

I had my first business mentoring/ coaching session with Terri Levine 'The Guru of Coaching' www.terrilevine.com this afternoon.

As mentioned before, one of my bold statements for 2009 was around growing my business 'Get Started Today Limited' and I had decided that I needed a business mentor to help me!!! Don't be alarmed, even doctors go for check ups every now and then!!!

Anyway, when I decided that this is what I needed, I did not know, who, or where or when I would find this person. The spot next to Business Mentor was blank!!!

In January, one of the interviews I was listening to while running on the treadmill, was Terri. I liked what I heard, she is very practical, action orientated, no nonsense and inspiring.

So I searched for her on the net and reviewed her information and products. One of the products is a VIP coaching program. I printed everything off and thought I would look it over later, as you had to be selected to join and I wanted time to think through the application form.

I also decided that I would implement some of Terri's practical ideas.

After receiving some great feedback from a coachee on how our session had had a huge impact on his thinking and his future, I was over joyed and moved to tears!!!. Even though, as coaches we know the power of coaching, it still warms the soul, to hear how, one has helped someone, so I felt compelled to inform Terri, how her interview had inspired me and what actions I had taken. I was sure, even the 'Guru' would love to hear some feedback.

Well guess what? I got a response back from Terri!!! She gave me some great feedback on the information I had sent to her!! Amongst her responses to my email, she invited me to join her VIP program personally!!! She felt that I would be a great candidate for the program!!

Imagine that, being personally invited by the 'Guru of Coaching' to join her program to help me grow my business!!!!

For those of you, who know me, you know this is the condensed version, as time goes on and the moment is right, I will bring out the relevant pieces of the story!!

So, we started today!!!

In order to achieve my 'bold statements, I will have to leap and fly out of my comfort zone!' After a few false starts, I started to leap and I felt the fear fall away!!

Where do you need to leap to? What will you put in place, to push you out of your comfort zone? Who and what support do you need?

Come join me, it a great view from up here!!!

See you soon

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment