Friday, February 6, 2009

Who supports you?

Hi Everyone,

Well, I am off to London for a week's vacation to celebrate my 40th birthday with family and friends.

I have lived away from London for over 7 years now and I have been blessed to still be in contact with my dear friends and family.

Even though, I am only in London on average once a year now, my ties with my family and friends is extremely strong.

We don't talk or email everyday, but when we do, it is as though, we only spoke yesterday!!!

I decided late last year, that I had to spend my birthday with the people who I grew up with, so we could share, laugh and remember things when we were youngER!! I could not have spent it anywhere else!!!

When I use the term 'friend' it is someone , who is a part of me (not an acquaintance), someone who feels me and I feel them.

My friends are my extended family. Growing up, I took on a supportive role, I was there for everyone, but I did not let others, be there for me.

But over the last few years, I have trusted myself to trust others and this has liberated me and helped my friends and my family to give me the support they always wanted to give.

For my dear friends who are reading this (some of my friends I have known for over 29 years) , and my family (Mum, Michelle, Junior, Dora and Dereck)........

I love you with all my heart, you have supported me and loved me and this is priceless.

Here's to the next 40 plus years!!!

See you after 10th February!!!!

Gina

1 comment:

  1. Gina, I have no doubt that you WILL have a great time for your 40th with your family and closest friends. Although we have only known each other for just over a year...(I think so, or it could more, surely feels like more) you have made a significant impact on my life in recent times, more than you would ever imagine.

    Because of you, I have experienced the Power of NOW and that has literally changed my life and my way of thinking. I thank you for that.

    I thank you very much for being yourself with me and allowing me to see who Gina is - a true kind beautiful soul.

    I wish you all the best and yes, here's to the next 40 years. See you when you get back to Trinidad.

    Love you always,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete