Monday, February 2, 2009

What's Cooking?

Hi Everyone,

On the treadmill this morning, I was listening to an interview on my ipod with a lady called Gregory Anne http://midlifewithavengeance.com/ who has combined her culinary and coaching skills and has a business, where she helps women in their midlife stay fit and healthy.

During the interview, Gregory Anne stated if you want to know how you work, look at the way you cook. I thought about this for a moment and it actually made sense.

When I cook, (I don't do it very often, as my wonderful boyfriend Dereck, does most of the cooking) I used to have everything on the counter top, several things going on at one time and if it is in the week, I would be normally running between the laptop and the pots!!! I would be also be banging cupboards, pots and tasting everything as I go!!

When I compare this to how I used to work, it is actually quite similar. I would have papers around me, with scribbles and notes, I would have email open and I would switch regularly between emails and the work I doing.

Dereck can normally tell, if I have been working and cooking in between. He says he can taste it, 'the love is missing!!' This makes sense, in that my focus was not on the cooking, hence it was not my best and the same applies to my work. If my mind is on several things, I don't produce my best work.

So now, if and when I do cook, I stop working and concentrate on one thing and guess what? The meal is cooked faster, I am not stressed out, and my work gets completed too. This works for me, as I am not a great mutli tasker.

So how do you cook? And how are these habits, showing up in other parts of your life?

And if you don't like cooking or don't cook, how are these habits showing up in your life?

Whcih habits help you and which ones don't?

What can you put in your recipe for success?

See you tomorrow.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment