Thursday, February 5, 2009

What have you been doing?

Hi Everyone,

Well, next week Tuesday, 10th February will be my 40th birthday!!!

I was chatting with my friend Oneka, who turned 40 in December and we were laughing that we did not feel, like we had been around for 40 years!!! We laughed and said, 'What have we been doing for all those years!!! '

So, this got me thinking, what had I been doing? At first I thought, 'Not much!!' But the more I reflected, I realised that I have done a lot over the last 39 years!!!
  • Became House Captain at school
  • Graduated from University
  • Started working in my then chosen field - Finance
  • Started driving
  • Got married
  • Qualified as an Accountant
  • Joined one of the leading Accountancy firms
  • Got divorced
  • Became Senior Manager
  • Bought my own home
  • Changed career to become a Change Management Consultant
  • Moved to Trinidad
  • Met Dereck
  • Worked in Trinidad, Jamaica, Canada and Africa
  • Went to Disneyland
  • Commenced developing my coaching skills
  • Started my own companies
  • Learnt to love myself
  • Enjoying everyday and all life has to offer
  • Plus I have visited all 5 continents

So, by taking a quick look, over the past 39 years, I can see that I actually have been quite busy and I have enjoyed myself.

I have been blessed. I love the poem footprints http://www.wowzone.com/fprints.htm, it is one of my favourite poems.

There were some really rough and tough times during the last 39 years, (when God carried me)but I realised a few years ago, that everything that happened has made me stronger, made me love life and myself sooooooo much more and everything happened for a reason..

So, I am excited about the next 40 plus years. What will be in store for me? One thing for sure, I am going to enjoy the ride to the fullest!!!!

What have you been doing with your life? What can you do to ensure, that you enjoy every single day, that you have been blessed with?

See you tomorrow.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment